Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Party


I think the party went really well.  I got up early so I could go buy hamburger, charcoal and chips and come home to turn the hamburger into actual burgers and make fruit salad.  Murl made the cake with Kitty and we frosted it when I got home.  Yellow with purple frosting and pink letters.  She originally asked for white cake, but changed her mind, so we just put in yellow food coloring.  Food coloring is expensive!

Someone was very exciting about presents!




Murl set everything up, which he was cranky about, but I planned and prepared the whole thing, so its only fair.  I stayed with the kids at the park until it was time for food.  It was supposed to be raining, but it held off, which was awesome.  It was really windy, though, which made for problems lighting the grill.  We thought we were going to have to pack it in to go somewhere else to grill, but we got it.

His sister didn't show up with the cousins until 2 hours after we started and our old roommate was there and we kind of ignored him.  He owes me $300 for bills, but his son and Kitty have grown up together, so we'll always invite him.  The kids played, mostly in the sandbox, and I think they had a lot of fun.  We decided not to do the pinata because of the wind.  All the little pieces and candy would go everywhere.  So, we'll do that in 2 weekends when Kitty is back.

Throwing kid's parties is hard, but so far they've all come out well.  Probably because we don't have a lot of other kids to invite.  I'm no where near ready to throw a party with other kids.  I imagine that would be pretty expensive.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment